Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Inspiration

Recently I've been browsing movies and T.V. series on Netflix when I came across RuPaul's Drag Race... For those of you who don't know who RuPaul is, he is one of the world's most known Drag Queen. He holds a show that is similar to Tyra Banks' America's Next Top Model. On RuPaul's Drag Race, not only do they have to take nice pictures, or make flawless videos, they have to dress and beautify themselves. They'll get challenges and they have to customize their own runway outfits to meet the challenge standards. For example: one challenge they each received curtains (yes the ones you hang over windows) and had to make an original outfit from that and some random items you would find in a home furnish garage sale. It's pretty interesting :) Anyway, on one of the challenges the contestant, Raja (who was my favorite for his season) made this bottom... I really liked it and thought, maybe that wouldn't be as hard to make as I thought... and it wasn't really :) I can't seem to find a picture of the outfit that I'm referring to... But here is a picture of my version. 

It was quite simple to make... I up-cycled an old denim skirt and a "pareo" or "lava-lava" wrap from my mom to make it. I don't know how to sew yet -_- I'm hoping that one day someone like my talented sister, Melinda, will teach me... so I used my oh-so-handy hot glue gun :P it still came out very nice and I can't wait for Spring, so I can use it pool side :) There are so many great things you can create yourself if you are inspired from something or just have a creative imagination. When it comes to crafty things, almost nothing is impossible to create. Find an inspiration and work at it!

No comments:

Post a Comment